Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:05:24 +0100
From:      Laurent Frigault <lolo@troll.free.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: major bge(4) performance problem

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 12:20:22PM +0300, Lenar Tukhvatullin wrote:

> > We are experiencing a problem with BCM5721 bge interfaces, which seems to
> > be able to receive at almost 1Gbps but can only transmit at < 540Mbps.

> Hello, can you test patch from Igor Sysoev with recommended tunables?
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-November/015951.html
>
> Also comments from Bruce Evans:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-November/015954.html
>
> I have same problem with bge, but currently can't
> test this patch on production system.

I apply those patches (edited version) on our test server (7.0BETA4).
Unfortunately, it does not seems to change anything about our transmit
performance problem. I tried to play with the new sysctls, but without
any knowlegde on the driver internal, I did not see any noticeable
improvement and our FreeBSD mirror project remains stalled.

Regards,
--
Laurent Frigault | Free.org