Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 10:45:56 -0500
From:      "Sommer, Joel Wesley (UMC-Student)" <jws506@mizzou.edu>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: CVSup files and ",v"

My current setup is a bit odd right now, so I run the following command from
the directory cvsup is in:

./cvsup /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile

After it downloads everything, if I go into the /home/ncvs/src and do a ls I
get this:

Attic/                  bin/                    kerberos5/
secure/
COPYRIGHT,v             contrib/                kerberosIV/
share/
Makefile,v              crypto/                 lib/                    sys/
Makefile.inc1,v         eBones/                 libexec/
tools/
Makefile.upgrade,v      etc/                    lkm/
usr.bin/
README,v                gnu/                    release/
usr.sbin/
UPDATING,v              include/                sbin/

The following is my cvs-supfile:

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile,v 1.26.2.3 2000/09/22
06:31:21 asami Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# CVS development tree of the FreeBSD system.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#	cvsup cvs-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#	cvsup -g -L 2 cvs-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
#		This specifies the server host which will supply the
#		file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
#		mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
#		http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#		You can	override this setting on the command line
#		with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
#		This specifies the root where CVSup will store information
#		about the collections you have transferred to your system.
#		A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#		/usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#		collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more than
#		~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#		"base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
#		option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/home/ncvs
#		This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#		setting of "/home/ncvs" will place all of the files
#		requested in /home/ncvs (e.g., "/home/ncvs/src/bin",
#		"/home/ncvs/ports/archivers").  The prefix directory
#		must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup15.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/home/ncvs
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
#*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
#
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections,
# except the export-restricted collections.
#src-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "src-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "src-all" above.
src-base
src-bin
src-contrib
src-etc
#src-games
src-gnu
src-include
src-kerberos5
src-kerberosIV
src-lib
src-libexec
src-release
src-sbin
src-share
src-sys
src-tools
src-usrbin
src-usrsbin
# These are the individual collections that make up FreeBSD's crypto
# collection. They are no longer export-restricted and are a part of
# src-all
src-crypto
src-eBones
src-secure
src-sys-crypto

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
#ports-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "ports-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "ports-all" above.
ports-archivers
ports-astro
#ports-audio
ports-base
#ports-benchmarks
#ports-biology
#ports-cad
#ports-chinese
#ports-comms
ports-converters
ports-databases
ports-deskutils
ports-devel
ports-editors
ports-emulators
#ports-french
ports-ftp
#ports-games
#ports-german
ports-graphics
#ports-hebrew
#ports-irc
#ports-japanese
ports-java
#ports-korean
ports-lang
ports-mail
ports-math
ports-mbone
ports-misc
ports-net
#ports-news
#ports-palm
ports-print
#ports-russian
ports-security
ports-shells
ports-sysutils
ports-textproc
#ports-vietnamese
ports-www
ports-x11
ports-x11-clocks
ports-x11-fm
ports-x11-fonts
ports-x11-servers
ports-x11-toolkits
ports-x11-wm

## Documentation
#
# The easiest way to get the doc tree is to use the "doc-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "doc-*"
# collections,
doc-all

Thanks,

Joel