Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 04:09:44 +0100
From:      James Greenhalgh <james@bloodflowers.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: postgresql-7.1_2

On Sat, 19 May 2001 04:23:47 +0200
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> wrote:

> James Greenhalgh wrote:
> >
> > > F_OIDEQ is defined here:
> > > postgresql-7.1.1/src/backend/utils/fmgroids.h:159:#define
> > > F_OIDEQ 184
> >
> > After a lot of digging around, it seems that the port only builds if you
log in
> > as root on a console, or su - root.  Using su root leads to fmgroids.h not
> > being generated properly.
>
> I never build any ports as root, I build as myself... Do you
> mean that if you su -l root and build the port, it fails, but
> if you *log* into a console as root, it works. This really
> sounds *very* strange, but I suspect it might have something to
> do with environments?

Yep, su - and su -l are one and the same.  It's got to be path related, I'm
sure - probably more related to building with one account su'd to from another
without the login flag, as opposed to having to be root - maybe it's reading
the current/working directory wrong.  I think the postgresql script that
generates the header file is probably broken in some subtle way.

james

--

The wheel is still turning, but the hamster is dead.