Date:      Sun, 01 May 2005 21:35:00 +0200
From:      Kiffin Gish <kiffin@gish.demon.nl>
To:        Lista freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DHCP using ifconfig doesn't work ...

I want to use DHCP for my wireless connection by placing the following
lines in my /etc/rc.conf file:

ifconfig_wi0="DHCP"
ifconfig_wi0="ssid GISH mode auto wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890"

I have also tried running sysinstall again and reconfiguring my wireless
connection by answering 'yes' to DHCP.

However, these do not work for some weird reason. When I login as root
and run 'dhclient wi0' then all is a-okay.

How can I have this happen automatically during boot without having
manually to run this command as root everytime?

Thanks alot in advance as usual.
--
Kiffin Gish
Gouda, The Netherlands