Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2015 08:17:30 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <arcade@b1t.name>
Subject:   Re: problems booting w/ X11 ati driver

On 14.12.2015 01:22, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> I tried radeonkms_load & drm_load before (*not* drm2_load) in my
> loader.conf, are 'radeonkms_load' & 'drm2_load' the correct loader.conf
> variables ? I noticed the modules are called radeonkms_port.ko &
> drm2_port.ko, not radeonkms.ko & drm2.ko, hence the question. Thanks &
> TIA & have a good one.

No, the port states that modules installed would be called
radeonkms_port.ko and drm2_port.ko. The corresponding radeonkms and
drm/drm2 modules will conflict with the ones installed from the port.

The modules installed from the port should reside in /boot/modules
directory. You can try first removing everything about loading specific
radeon/drm stuff from `loader.conf` to see whether Xorg figures out what
modules it needs to load by itself.

You can also try removing BusID from xorg.conf. This option manually
specifies where Xorg should search for your card. Xorg should find it
out by itself and in case your specification is wrong (and in the second
sample of dmesg it says it can't find card by that address) this will
fix card detection.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.