Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:25:31 -0500
From:      Kenneth Legg <sce04020@mail.wvnet.edu>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   installing programs

I'm new to FreeBSD and KDE and would like to know how to install
Netscape Communicator 4.5 form the CD-ROM ports collection. I installed
Netscape 3.2 without any problems. I was told that I needed to install
something called compat-2.2 before I could install Communicator. I have
looked for compat-2.2 on the CD and on the web without luck. Where can I
find compat-2.2 and the instructions to install it and Communicator?

I have never installed programs on any O.S but Win95, but I would like
to be able to install programs such as shareware from the net on
FreeBSD, so any help on installing UNIX programs would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken