Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:40:25 -0500
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@DeepCore.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

--=-dVbyepXrqaXa9LPVzkLC

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 10:32 +0100, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3k.diff-releng5.gz
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3k.diff-current.gz
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3k.tar.gz
>
> New version available for testing:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-releng5.gz
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-current.gz
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.tar.gz
>
> This time the diff must be reapplied as there are new changes in there.
>
> Items in this release:
>
> o       Fix ATA/ATAPI requests from userland.
>
> o       Cleanup the attach/detach code further.
>
> o       Add modules for atacard and atacbus
>
> o	Fix the current/real geometry handling for CHS mode.
>
> o       Add the ioctl interface back to ata-raid.c.
>
> o       Update the ioctl API to match new RAID levels etc.
>
> o       Add the infrastructure to allow create/delete/status of ATA RAID
>          arrays. NOTE only Promise and FreeBSD Pseudo RAIDs supported at
>          this time.
>
> o       Update atacontrol to know about the new RAID levels etc
>          NOTE: you need to recompile atacontrol with the new sys/ata.h,
>          make world will take care of that.
>
> One warning applies to both this and the last snapshot. I accidentially
> released the RAID5 test code I had in there which allows to apparently
> use a RAID5 array. However it *ONLY* reads and writes the data part, it
> does *NOT* maintain the parity part. That means it will trash a RAID5
> array for later real use as the parity wont match the data one there.
> Since the code is "out there" I've decided to let it stay, as it allows
> for testing of getting and using the metadata etc..
>
> As usual use at your own risk, but feedback on this is very welcomed.
> Big thanks to all those that has participated so far!
>
> I'll be mostly AFK for the next two weeks on needed vacation, so dont
> panic if I dont respond as quickly as usual.
>
> Enjoy!

After applying these patches to -CURRENT as of 2/19 ~11:00 EST pccard
Compact Flash adapter is being probed as ATA device but no longer
creates disk device. Moreover, ejecting the card does not produce any
messages (hw.pccard.debug=1, hw.cardbus.debug=1 and hw.cbb.debug = 1)
and no other pccard will be attached until reboot.

I have attached verbose dmesg from before and after with
hw.pccard.debug=1, hw.cardbus.debug=1 and hw.cbb.debug = 1. Please, let
me know whether I can provide any additional information.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)

--=-dVbyepXrqaXa9LPVzkLC--