Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:19:35 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem recognizing second disk in 2 disk firewire enclosure.

At Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:53:28 -0800,
Jaye Mathisen wrote:
> I got this enclosure that holds 2 3.5" IDE hard drives,
> and hooks them up as individual drives to my firewire
> connection.
>
> Under windows XP, both drives are recognized just fine
> as "SBP2" devices, I can format/copy/mangle at will.
>
> However, under FreeBSD, only the 1st drive is
> found (da0).

I suppose that device has multiple LUNs.
Unfortunately, we support only one LUN per a target now.

Could you send me the CSR dump of the device using the following tool?

http://people.freebsd.org/~simokawa/firewire/fwcontrol-20021225.tar.gz

- extract, build using make.
- run ./MAKEDEV to make fw*.
- ./fwcontrol -c 0 [or 1]

I have never seen such IDE-SBP bridge and interested to get it.
Do you have any URL for the product information of that enclosure?

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html