Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:52:49 +0100
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matthias_Gamsj=E4ger?=" <mgamsjager@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing /dev/null after few min

Hello,

I'm running freebsd for couple of years now and never had really big
problems but this one I can't solve on my own. Running releng 7 for 6 months
now but recently after running X for like 10min the systems is missing
/dev/null. So you can imaging that most programs start complaining about it.
Right now I recreate it with mknod /dev/null c 1 3 but that's not a real
solution because it starts to disappear again after few minutes.
I'm for 99% sure it's not freebsd problem but more a application problem but
I wonder if anyone ran into the same trouble after upgrading xyz port? Or
even better has a solution for it?

Regards
Matthias