Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 22:14:04 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Andrew Firestone <gradeastudent@tpg.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice Install in FreeBSD

Andrew Firestone wrote:
> Anyone have any luck installing OpenOffice-1.1 for FreeBSD 4.9?
> I only get the error below after getting all the bits from the sun site for
> the java install that OpenOffice precipitates.
>
> Java HotSpot (TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location
>
> In all the post on this topic I could find the recommended solution was the
> following:
>
> kldload linprocfs
> mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc
> with this done rebuild.
>
> After this I still have the same problem building openoffice-1.1 which then
> builds the Java. I Have Linux Compatibility 7.1 installed and loaded kldstat
> shows it. Any other advice besides giving up on openoffice for FreeBSD?

Looks like you've already checked all the things I would have suggested.

One option is to download a package off the OpenOffice.org site and install
that ... the only difficulty there is finding the older dependent packages and
getting them installed first.

I should really do a "make package" on my setup and submit it to the OpenOffice.org
folks ...

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies