Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:48:04 +1000
From:      "Don Hansford" <donh@halenet.com.au>
To:        <FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Instalation Problems

Chris
I am no expert on BSD (hence me being here at Newbies) but the one thing I
can pick up from your thread is that you are trying to boot from wd3. This
translates to the Secondary Master (first drive on IDE2). The BIOS will not
let you boot from this drive, unless it is following instructions set in the
CMOS. If you have not altered your CMOS settings, then it will be looking to
boot from IDE1 or FLOPPY1.
Depending on the BIOS, set your boot parameters to IDE3 (if it starts at
IDE1, or IDE2 if it starts at IDE0).
Your boot manager will always try to load itself at sector 0 on "C:\ (IDE0
or 1).
If you can tell me what the 'advanced" settings in your bios say (regards
boot sequence) I may be able to  help. I will also check with a friend who
had a similar problem with Linux, and get back to you.
Regards
Igor

Double your drive space - delete Windows!