Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:22:54 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How's 3.0-current as an NFS client?

Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com> writes:
> Back a few months ago, there was some concern about the
> stability/robustness of 3.x wrt NFS.
>
> I'm about to upgrade a box that for us is semi-mission-critical, to
> 3.0-current, since it's running an old 3.x just peachy, but wanted to make
> sure that there weren't any current NFS gotcha'sthat I've missed in the
> mailing lists.

Personally, I'd still describe it as a tad flaky.  It works for most
things, but at present, there are at least 3 things I can do with an
nfs mounted home directory that cause the box to hang.  These include
starting netscape or xcopilot and sending mail with MH (a bit bizzare
that last one, I'll admit).  These are mostly just minor annyoances
for me at the moment which I can live with, but I'd beware of putting
a heavy NFS load on it.

This is with a current compiled each Monday morning.
--
When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.