Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:45:12 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another way 4.5s is broken (user smmsp -> make installworld)

>> This will only bite you if your system is prior
>> to 4.5-RELEASE. That's when the new users were
>> added.

unfurl> Nope, sorry. I was running 4.5-STABLE from late January when upgrading.

I don't see how that is possible.  If you were running 4.5-STABLE from
January (or any other 4.5), you would have the change.  It was committed
November 24th, 2001 and has the 4.5 release tag on it so it is definitely
in 4.5:

  Revision 1.25.2.1, Sat Nov 24 17:22:24 2001 UTC (4 months ago) by gshapiro
  Branch: RELENG_4
  CVS Tags: RELENG_4_5_BP, RELENG_4_5_0_RELEASE, RELENG_4_5
  Changes since 1.25: +3 -1 lines

  MFC: Add two new accounts/groups (smmsp and mailnull) for sendmail.

The only way I could think of that this could happen is if you didn't run
mergemaster back when you did your January upgrade.