Date:      20 May 96 05:21:31 EDT
From:      "SAMES M.I.S." <100075.1013@CompuServe.COM>
To:        Shaun Courtney <ftp@storm.sea.uct.ac.za>
Subject:   FreeBSD

I found your name/address in the FreeBSD file. I've got a query regarding
FreeBSD. Let me state the problem.

We want to set up a UNIX machine, which will link to the Internet via a leased
line. This will become our internet mail/web server. All our users will connect
to the UNIX machine to do their internet mail/ftp jobs. They use PC's which is
linked via an Ethernet network to the UNIX machine. I have FreeBSD in mind,
because of the cost :-)

We also want to create Web pages (i.e. a web-server) on this UNIX machine.

Now for the questions. Is there a mail package available with FreeBSD? What
software does the PC's need to connect? (We're looking at installing Win4WG
and/or Win95) Is there web server software available for FreeBSD? Will this type
of setup work?

Or do I need to look at another UNIX OS?

Sorry to bother you with questions like this!

Regards,

Johan Erlank
SAMES MIS