Date:      14 Feb 2001 19:06:50 +0300
From:      Ilya Martynov <m_ilya@agava.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 4.0.2 craches on switch between virtual consoles

Hi,

Have anybody seen (and know cure) next problem? When I try to switch
on another virtual console from XFree86 it drops to core. Since I've
xdm running right after X server dies another tries to start. But new
instance of X server puts video adapter in some bad state. For a
moment I can see garbage on display and then just black screeen. After
this I can only reboot my PC becouse becouse evening killing xdm
and/or X server doesn't restore normal state of video adapter.

My video card:

i810 :(

My system info:

XFree86 4.0.2_6 (build from port), 4.2-STABLE (cvsup and make world on
Feb 8)

I've not seen it with XFree86 4.0.1_5. However I've installed XFree86
4.0.2_6 before last cvsup and make world so I'm not sure that
something is broken in 4.0.2.

--
Ilya Martynov
AGAVA Software Company, http://www.agava.com