Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 95 08:18:31 PDT
From:      "Michael J. Caughey" <mcaughey@mgsinc.com>
To:        Pete Kruckenberg <pete@dsw.com>, Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Byet April 95 no ref to screennd

>  screend was discussed on hackers a while ago.  Check the archives.
>
>  screend is on ftp.vix.com (Paul Vixie's FTP site).

The only problem that I found with screend, is that there is no support for screend. I
tried for a month to work out a deal with the author to get support.  He couldn't
guarantee the security of his product, he said his hands were legally tied.  I never
found out what kind of product it was.  It could very well be a good firewall.  I
simply can't rely on a product whos author can't legally validate its security.

END
Name   : Michael Caughey
E-mail : mcaughey@mgsinc.com

MGS, Inc.           Phone   (804) 379-0230
Richmond, Va        Fax     (804) 379-1299

Eastern Daylight Time: 08:18:31 , 07/10/95