Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   zzz problem

	Hello all,

	I am having problems running zzz (aka apm -z). System hangs for 1
minute or so and then comes back up without actually going into suspend
mode. I tried with kernel having

options          APM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK

commented either in and out. I also tried with pcmcia cards inserted and
with out. Every time system hangs for a minute or so. Could it be because
it is trying to suspend sio1 which is one of the cards, but sio1 is
compiled into the kernel:

device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 7 vector siointr

(yes, I have printer disabled - I needed an irq and that was only one
available).

	Here is what I get on my screen when I run zzz:

sio1: unload,gone
Return IRQ=7
Card disabled, slot 0
ep0: unload
Return IRQ=10
Card disabled, slot 1

	Sometimes I don't get any output: as soon as I hit enter after I
type zzz system hangs, screen doesn't suspend and then system wakes up a
minute later.

	Ugh.. almost forgot to mention - I am not using PAO since I want
to do make world.

	The laptop is Dell Latitude CP and OS is 2.2.7-STABLE as of few
days ago. Thanks,

-- Yan

 didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail
 away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
 Dream. Discover." Mark Twain