Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 02:10:31 +0000 ()
From:      Tim Pushor <timp@orion.ab.ca>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0 & javac?

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, Randall Hopper wrote:

>  |Does anybody have the javac port running with Netscape 3.0 release running
>  |properly?
>  |I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried every invocation of classpath
>  |possible, listing both the path to the java_30, and the path to
>  |classes.zip with and without the names of the files in several orders. In
>  |all cases, the result is the same:
>  |Can't initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
>  |Anybody have any clues?
>
>      No clue here -- I get the same result.  I have Netscape 3.0b2 working
> fine with JDK 1.0.2 though (compiles Java fine, 1.0.2 no less, even though
> its expired :-), so you might try that.  3.0b3-3.0b4 just memory fault, and
> 3.0b5a and 3.0 (both FreeBSD and Linux ELF emulated) give me the
> java/lang/Thread error you mentioned.

Hmm. Bummer.

>      Incidentally, the Solaris 1.0.2 JDK with the FreeBSD 1.0 JDK binaries
> laid on top works for me as well.

FreeBSD 1.0 JKD binaries you say? Where did you get them? I scoured the
ports & packages section and anywhere else on the web that I could find
about the JDK ported, and couldn't find anything definate on FreeBSD.. I
would love to know the details.. Would hate to resort to using my wife's
Win95 box as I do all my development on my FreeBSD...

>      In case it helps, here's my javac ala Netscape setup:

... setup configs omitted for sake of brevity ...

Tim
---
Tim Pushor, Senior Systems Engineer | Phone: (403) 284-0042
Orion Technologies Inc.             | FAX:   (403) 284-9495
timp@orion.ab.ca                    | http://www.orion.ab.ca