Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:14:47 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Easy DNS

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:14:58PM -0600, Justin L Boss wrote:
> I'm replacing a linux box (linux is so hokey) and it is running some
> kind of dynamic dns thing that updates easydns.com (SOA). It is using
> this because it is getting a DHCP and not a static ip. My question is is
> there a port that can do this? It send a user name and password and some
> ip stuff then easydns updates their dns server.
>
> Thanks
>
> Justin

Hi,

Dunno if easydns is like zoneedit, but the client probably uses http to
post the refresh request.  If this is the case, you should be able to use
wget to post the required details (probably just the hostname you want to
update) along with the username and password.  You should be able to work
it out from the current settings...

Cheers

Dan