Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:57:41 +0800
From:      Freer <x-sb@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   auto start program in Gnome

Hello everybody,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5R +Xfree86 4.1 + Gnome 1.4 + Enlightenment
0.16.5, when I start it and open a terminal and run a program(chinput&,
a Chinese input server), the program ran and I can see the process by
run "ps".

I want to run it automatically every time I started X, so I put it in
the startup programs in Gnome's control center. Then I restart X,, open
a terminal and run "ps", I can't see the process and can't input Chinese.

Then I put the program in .xinitrc, and start X, the program still
doesn't start!
Then I put the program in .xsession and start X, it still doesn't start!

What's wrong?

Thanks!