Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:32:55 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "Transmit of packet failed"

Can someone tell me what this console message means:

[date] [host] /kernel: lnc0: Transmit of packet failed after 16
attempts -- TDR = 4

Does that indicate some sort of hardware problem, or a connectivity
problem?  I'm seeing this periodically on just one FBSD box that I
maintain.  The lnc manpage has an entry for this error, but it
doesn't have any explanation.

(Except the following: "BUGS - This driver has the potential of being
the most verbose of any of the Ethernet device drivers."  :-)

Thx,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium