Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:24:30 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: git contrib install failed

On Jun 17, 2013, at 22:46, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr> wrote:
> When I try to upgrade git I got this error in the installation (the =
ports
> build work fine)=20
>=20
> install -m 755 git-subtree /usr/local/libexec/git-core
> asciidoc -b docbook -d manpage -f ../../Documentation/asciidoc.conf \
>        -agit_version=3D1.8.3.1 git-subtree.txt
> xmlto -m ../../Documentation/manpage-normal.xsl  man git-subtree.xml
> xmlto: =
/usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.3.1/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml =
does not validate (status 3)
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> =
/usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.3.1/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml:2: =
warning: failed to load external entity =
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> D DocBook XML V4.5//EN" =
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
>                                                                        =
       ^
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity =
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> warning: failed to load external entity =
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> validity error : Could not load the external subset =
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"

A rather obvious question is: can you download
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd from the
machine you are building on?  It downloads just fine for me, but maybe
something on your system is preventing xmlto to from retrieving it.

-Dimitry