Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:57:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il
Subject:   Re: Surprise Reboots hit again :((

Try upgrading to one of the SNAP releases.  These are binary compilations
(releases) with patches for problems.  FreeBSD has been having problems
getting Bug Free CDRoms out lately.  I have the 2.2.5 CD and there are
problems with it, although my 'low end' hardware has been stable.  The
430TX(HX) is a good motherboard, you should have no problems.

Another thing you should try is CVSUP.  Install sources from your CDRom,
CVSUP updates from the FreeBSD site.  (This will get you all the lates
patches to 'stable') and then 'buildworld', followed by 'installworld'.
(See the online HTML handbook for details)  This has been reported to
work well for patching 2.5.5.  Remember: 'stable' is what you want if
you value a stable system - and 'current' is what you want if you like
to get 'under the hood'.

Marc