Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:43:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   LINT for 2.1.5 stable

> So.  David and I have decided that next Tuesday, the 12th of November,
> would be an excellent time to start putting FreeBSD 2.1.6 to bed, and
> if you've got any critical bug fixes or security problems to report in
> 2.1-stable, now would be an excellent time to raise them before it's
> too late.

OK, here we go :-)

In LINT we find the follwing two things:

----------------- Part 1 -----------------------

# BOUNCE_BUFFERS provides support for ISA DMA on machines with more
# than 16 megabytes of memory.  It doesn't hurt on other machines.
# Some broken EISA and VLB hardware may need this, too.
pseudo-device   ccd     4       #Concatenated disk driver
#
# DUMMY_NOPS disables extra delays for some bus operations.  The delays
# are mostly for older systems and aren't used consistently.  Probably
# works OK on most EISA bus machines.

--------------- Part 2 -----------------------

#  The `tun' pseudo-device implements the User Process PPP (iijppp)
#
pseudo-device   ether                   #Generic Ethernet
pseudo-device   fddi                    #Generic FDDI
pseudo-device   sppp                    #Generic Synchronous PPP
options         USERCONFIG_BOOT         #imply -c and parse info area
pseudo-device   loop                    #Network loopback device
pseudo-device   sl      2               #Serial Line IP
pseudo-device   ppp     2               #Point-to-point protocol
pseudo-device   bpfilter        4       #Berkeley packet filter
pseudo-device   disc                    #Discard device
pseudo-device   tun     1               #Tunnel driver(user process ppp)

Shouldn't the ccd line and the USERCONFIG_BOOT line be put somwhere else?
I just looke at the LINT at ftp.FreeBSD.org to ensure I didn't break
something at home, but it is the same.

Just wondering...

Andre