Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:29:36 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Nick K <surge3@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zoneedit.com

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 452, Issue 11, Message: 9
On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 11:45:05 -0500 Nick K <surge3@gmail.com> wrote:
 > I am posting here hoping that a "Dan" from ZoneEdit.com still monitors this
 > mailing list.
 > I am in a very bad situation and my mail forwarding has been down for over
 > a week -- no response from ZoneEdit support.
 >
 > I found references to people getting help from "Dan" here:
 >
 > My issue(s):
 >
 > 1.) I can't login to zoneedit.com's "new" interface.  I used to be able to
 > log in to the "legacy" interface -- but apparently I'm in the same boat as
 > Mr. Jack L. Stone was -- in that you can no longer manage zones from the
 > legacy interface.
 > The legacy interface tells me my account is active at the new interface,
 > but the new interface tells me my account does not even exist.
 >
 > 2.) My mail forwarding service provided by zoneedit.com stopped working
 > approximately last week monday.  It has been working fine since 2002.
 >  Don't you just love it when this stuff happens.
 >
 > 3.) I can't change my DNS / mail forwarding service, because the email I
 > used for my domain registration at my registrar is one of the emails that
 > gets forwarded (and the forwarding is not working).
 >
 > If Jack L. Stone or "Dan" from ZoneEdit can get in contact with me I would
 > be very grateful.
 > I don't know what else to do at this point.
 > The company that currently owns ZoneEdit (Dotster) won't help me -- they
 > say they don't have the ability to provide support for ZoneEdit customers.
 >
 > This is my last hope pretty much.  Dan or Jack if you're out there, please
 > get back to me.

Nick, we've had some rouble with zoneedit recently also.  Someone who's
clearly using zoneedit.com's mail services registered on a forum we run,
but the auto registration response bounced and continued to bounce for 2
days, with the following response (edited to protect $poor_innocent):

=======