Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 17:29:18 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: print/cups-base not possible to build without Zeroconf?

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com> wrote:
> My cups-base compile fails as below:
> "dirsvc.o: In function `cupsdStartBrowsing':
> /wrkdirs/usr/ports/print/cups-base/work/cups-1.7.2/scheduler/dirsvc.c:244:
> undefined reference to `dnssdRegisterAllPrinters'
> dirsvc.o: In function `cupsdStopBrowsing':
> /wrkdirs/usr/ports/print/cups-base/work/cups-1.7.2/scheduler/dirsvc.c:262:
> undefined reference to `dnssdDeregisterAllPrinters'
> cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> gmake[2]: *** [cupsd] Error 1"
>
> This is a Zeroconf error AFIAK, since I only have LIBPAPER and no other
> option enabled for the port.
> (UNSET+=AVAHI \ UNSET+=MDNSRESPONDER)
>
> Is it a "must" to enable one of these?

FWIW, it builds with MDNSRESPONDER set, it crashes (as shown above) if
it is unset. I haven't tried with AVAHI.
This on
tingo@kg-core1$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-core1.kg4.no 8.4-STABLE FreeBSD 8.4-STABLE #1 r266590: Fri
May 23 20:23:35 CEST 2014
     root@kg-core1.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

port config:
root@kg-core1# cd /usr/ports/print/cups-base && make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for cups-base-1.7.2_1:
     GNUTLS=off: SSL/TLS support via GnuTLS
     LIBPAPER=on: libpaper support
     PHP=off: PHP bindings or support
     PYTHON=on: Python bindings or support
     PAM=off: PAM support
     DBUS=on: D-Bus IPC system support
     LIBUSB=on: USB support
     XDG_OPEN=off: Build with XDG_OPEN as browser
     AVAHI=off: Zeroconf support via Avahi
     MDNSRESPONDER=on: Zeroconf support via mDNSResponder
     ICONS=on: Desktop icons
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen