Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:43:27 +0100
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help... Installing from Port

VeeJay wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I will install Apache2 from the Port, how can I configure to add
> module
> or disable modules?
> Like if I want to enable following modules, how can I do them VIA Ports?
> Please find below the text from this Step-by-Step guide I am using.
> But that
> procedure is for manually downloading the archive, checking signatures
> and
> then configuring....
>
> But how can I use Port system to get the same results?

<snip>
> make install
>
> chown -R root:sys /usr/local/apache2
>

> -----------------
>
> If we can configure in Port, so where it could be done and how? and if
> its
> in a file, where it would be placed?

go to the apache2 dir in your portstree ( generally
/usr/ports/www/apache2/ ) run 'make config' to set options, if the
specific options aren't there: copy the Makefile to Makefile.orig and
add the '--enable-OPTION'  and '--disable-OPTION' with the other compile
options.

Not sure though: but aren't a lot of those options also settable in the
apache config file ? it might be a better idea to check that out first,
so if you ever change your mind about a setting you don't have to
recompile your intire apache2 port.

--
-Frank Staals