Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:31:06 -0800
From:      "Cory" <malaclypse@gamesluts.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, "Jamie Bowden" <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        "Brad Laue" <brad@brad-x.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Latitude C810 (was Inspiron 8100 + nvidia GeForce2GO driver fails)

After leaving X in any fashion (clean, ctrl/alt/back) in 4-stable, my screen
hangs, looking like a shredded version of my background - however, the mouse
pointer is still solid, though immobile. I am able to ctrl-alt-F1 my way to
a console, which is also messed up, multiple dark purple and green vertical
stripes. I do retain full keyboard control, however, and can su in and
reboot cleanly.

-current, on the other hand, performs the same screen hang, but completely
takes my keyboard and mouse with it.

I'll look into the XFree86.0.logs a bit more and set up the verbose logging.
I'm currently using 4-stable, as I'm not a huge fan of fscking every time I
reboot. :) I'll send the logs to Matthew, unless anyone else indicates an
interest.

Cory.