Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2001 22:00:00 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        charon@labs.gr
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HTTP, FTP not working

>Charles Burns <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Nope, the system isn't a gateway. Should I? It was working before
> > whatever I seem to have done happened without the setting.
>
>It was working `before' what?
>What was your setup before.
>What did change?

I guess 'before' does imply change in a way, but I meant 'before' in
general. The changes made between the system working and not working weren't
really anything that I believe could possibly effect internet connectivity.
Here are the changes made since the last time everything was as it should
be:

-Changed BASH prompt from default to "[username@domain:/path] "

-Added some world optimizations (gcc), whcih I have since reverted back to:
"-O -pipe -march=k6" (so, should be back to normal)

Told fstab that /floppy is the floppy drive, and to mount it at boot

Other than that, nothing. Actually, I did a CVS update of the source, then a
few days later I built the world and the next day I installed it. (Yes, the
hard drive is big enough to install the WHOLE WORLD!)
Anyway, IIRC connectivity died after the buildworld but before the
installworld. <shrug>

Charles Burns