Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:27:00 -0800
From:      "Joseph I. Arias" <BigDaddy@LiveNet.Net>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Subject: Re: Installing from DOS partition

> ..because it's probably still a VFAT filesystem, i assume.
>
> Install DOS 5. :)

So dos 6.22 is a VFAT system?  I was told different and that could be the
only thing that it is?

> > Should I download FreeBSD 2.2? I'm a beginger to Unix is 2.2 stable
enough
> > for me to pratic on?
>
> It's probably 20 times more stable than Win 3.1, and 5 times more
> stable than Win 95. :-)

Well Being new to unix I really won't know that. and I was told by the very
same people that told me BSD is the way to go not to do a 2.2 install. they
just installed 2.1.6 and are having problems booting off of it

> > I'm wanting to start up my own ISP using BSD it was a
> > recomendation for the ISP now he runs it and I have gotten use to it.
>
> Hmm, i think you've got quite some way to go until you will even be
> able to start your ISP business.  Be assured, by the time you've got
> the knowledge how to handle all this, there will be FreeBSD 2.2.5. :)

You may be right but all I'm missing in Unix is the command part a ran a
very large BBS in Virginia after only owning a computer for 4 months and
this was with NO knowlage of any in any type of computers, I'm 36 and live
at home retired from work at the age of 29 I must have some kind of smarts
:)

> No offense intended, but i think somebody who's going to be serious
> about ISP business won't even install a DOS partition at all first.
> Waste of space.  You even didn't learn how to give your mail a subject
> line yet... how are you going to teach your customers about Internet
> Netiquette?

I ran a very profitble BBS in Viginia when all other were FREE and have
been told I was one of the most user friendy and also gave my users support
as for internet Netiquette? they will have to do like all the rest and
learn it by the old rules trial and error... the best way to learn and
thing in life. :)

As for Dos I have it installed on account my 3 kids have there class work
on it and I also like to fiddle in Windows and also like Dos it is the only
operating system I know for now..... but it won't be soon! :)

Thanks Joe