Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:43:13 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Malcolm Boff <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCCS (and digest)

On Sun, Sep 14, 1997 at 10:31:28AM -0400, Malcolm Boff wrote:

> While not new to FreeBSD I havent joined any of the lists before so
> please bear with me if I ask something that has already been
> answered.
>
> My client uses SCCS for version control and this does not appear on
> the list of ports on my CD. a) has it been ported if so how do I
> obtain it b) if it hasnt does anyone know how and where I can obtain
> the source(s) from ?

SCCS is proprietary, which is why it can't be put in the ports
collection.  In addition, it's very inferior to RCS, though it's
unlikely that this will convince your customer to change.

You might like to snoop round AT&T's sites.  I seem to recall that
they will license software like this.  Sorry I don't have a URL.

Greg