Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:45:47 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-Link ppp strange errors

Hi,

After a recent upgrade to 4.5-p6 on a server side of a multi-link ppp
connection using two modems everything was working fine..

Untill after a reboot a few days later.. To the best of my knowlage
no system files had been changed or any settings since it was rebooted
after the upgrade, just all of a sudden I cant get the multi-link up..

I can connect fine with a single modem..

Here is the output from ppp when trying to establish the link (this is
repeated twice, once for each link):

tun0: Phase: Chap Input: SUCCESS (Welcome!!)
tun0: Phase: mpserver: can't connect to bundle socket /var/run/ppp--00-
(Connection refused)
tun0: Phase:           The previous server died badly !
tun0: LCP: 2: LayerDown
tun0: LCP: 2: SendTerminateReq(4) state = Opened
tun0: LCP: 2: State change Opened --> Closing
tun0: Phase: Unexpected protocol 0x003d (Multi-Link)
tun0: LCP: 2: SendProtocolRej(4) state = Closing
tun0: Phase: Unexpected protocol 0x003d (Multi-Link)
tun0: LCP: 2: SendProtocolRej(4) state = Closing
tun0: LCP: 2: RecvTerminateAck(4) state = Closing
tun0: LCP: 2: LayerFinish
tun0: LCP: 2: State change Closing --> Closed
tun0: LCP: 2: State change Closed --> Initial
tun0: Phase: 2: Disconnected!

Whats going on here?? Looks like the protocol versions are not
the same or something but that shouldnt be the case with something
like this should it???

The machine that dials up is running 4.2R if that has anything to
do with it...

Thanks for any clues!