Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:31:22 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        UMAR Naveed FTRD/DMR/LON <naveed.umar@rd.francetelecom.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>, "'delaferc@yahoo.fr'" <delaferc@yahoo.fr>
Subject:   Re: URGENT:- Installation Problems of XServer with FreeBSD?

> From: UMAR Naveed FTRD/DMR/LON <naveed.umar@rd.francetelecom.com>
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:16:04 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

> ------=_NextPartTM-000-41c6e247-246b-11d6-b1e5-00508b69ab48
>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B93F.34055F10
>
> Hi
>
> We have installed a version of the FreeBSD OS on our machines, but are
> experiencing some problems which the documentation cannot address.
>
> We are trying to run XServer by configuring required properties using the
> graphical interface, i.e. Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and Video Card.
>
> The Mouse settings are: sysmouse; emulating 3 buttons although the mouse
> used is a Logitech Badger (2 Button).
>
> The keyboard options are fine, since we select a generic ps2 keyboard, with
> the language chosen as English.
>
> Video Card appears to be a problem.  We found that the Video Chip is an
> Intel 810e integrated video, with dynamically allocated system memory up to
> 8MB.  But there is no Intel 810e in the option menu for the Video Card.  I
> tried using the Intel generic 710 and 5430 options with failure.
>
> Also the monitor resolution seems to be a problem, because the maximum
> specified value is 1024 * 768 @16M colors @ 85 Hz, but again this value is
> not offered in the menu.

Make friends and get answers to your most personal problems by NOT
posting HTML to FreeBSD lists!

You don't provide much information. What version of XFree86 and
FreeBSD are you running? If you are running XF86 3.3.6, you need to
upgrade to 4.1 as the Intel 810 is not supported by 3.3.6.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)