Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/filesystems

 * From: rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu

 * I wanted to propose that we introduce a new directory under ports to
 * place file systems related ports.  My main reason for suggesting this
 * was to create a logical place to put the CODA pieces: coda_client,
 * coda_server and some coda_doc related pieces.  But I thought other
 * ports could go there as well, afs -- when it exists.  Also /net/ is
 * a rather overused place, so perhaps samba belongs in filesystems and
 * perhaps the crypto fs (cfs -- currently in security).

cfs should probably stay in security, but I agree with everything
else.  (Especially if it encourages someone to make an afs port. :)

 * Lastly, I prefer the longer name, filesystems, to something like fs
 * which I think is too cryptic.

I think filesystems is fine in this case.  I'm all for saving letters
but it doesn't have to go all the way down to 2 bytes. ;)

Satoshi