Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 00:27:00 +0200
From:      Oldno7 <oldno7@arrakis.es>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Avermedia PC98 & xftv

    I've just downloaded and tried to work with the xftv.
    I have a 3.2-Release and an Avermedia pc98 card (878 chip).
    All the install process from the port went ok. but I have to learn
to configure the channels .. etc. ( I need a pair of hours more on it, I
supose)
But.. when I booted from the W95 partition and started the program that
comes with the card (to try to figure how to put the channels or
frecuencies).. I have no sound coming trough..  I don't know at this
moment what's happening, but under the suspect that the card had been
damaged I believe is better to comment it out and warn. If somebody has
tried this card before please send me a mail. It is very posible I'm
being paranoid but I prefer be a little ridiculous than wait other
people crashing their Avermedia cards.
I'll post whatever thing that happens to clear this.
Even if the card has been crashed, I think xftv looks like a great work
and I think it's NOT the program fault.