Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:55:15 -0600
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about iomega support

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 11:55:54PM -0600, Kevin Weiss wrote:
> I was wondering if I was better off buying an internal or external
> iomega zip drive.  Right now, an external looks like a better choice
> for me.  If I did buy an external, I take it that I would use MSTOOLS
> to manipulate the data from the zip disks?
>
> PS - I am referring to the Zip drive that is plugged into the printer
> 	port (not the external SCSI)

I don't know about those hideous parallel things (I'd *strongly*
recommend SCSI -- in fact, I'd strongly recommend SCSI *everything*),
but with my internal SCSI zip, the first thing I do is nuke the MS
filesystem and put UFS on it.  No need for "MS Tools" or whatever,
UNLESS you intend to swap these things with MS machines, in which case,
you don't have a choice.

--
    Michael Maxwell <drwho @ xnet.com>  |  http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
       "American Justice: oxymoron.  William J. Clinton: moron."