Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:12:20 -0700
From:      "Gregory W. Loyd" <gloyd@auc.trw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gloyd@pcisys.net
Subject:   Legal Question about FreeBSD

I have been using FreeBSD since the release of 2.2.1.  I must say that I
am extreemly pleased and impressed.  My appreciation for such a powerful
OS goes out to all those responsible for this encredible piece of work.

I have downloaded your relase of 2.2.7 and I want to know is it legal to
burn an exact copy to a cdrom and redistribute it to a friend?  If this
is legal, do I need to reference anything pertaining to you, i.e.,
trademards, copy rights, etc.... If so, could you tell me what items of
yours need to be given full credit and is there a specific way in which
this credit must be presented?