Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:33:05 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Adam McDougall <bsdx@spawnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Support for 53C876 (as found in fireport 40 dual)

On Tuesday, 9th March 1999, Adam McDougall wrote:

>I couldnt find this number in ncr.c nor any mention of dual, would this
>board be unsupported then?  I recently became interested because
>diamondmm seems to be having a sale.. fireport 40 (a uw card) for
>$49.95, and the dual channel version for $69.95.  If the dual would work
>with freebsd, I'd like to know, because it costs less than some
>singlechannel boards :)

This is dreadfully unfair!  I tried for 2 months to get a FirePort 40 dual
in this country, and I was told they no longer were made, and nobody had any.
Further, they were willing to sell me a single channel board for AU$360,
which is about US$220.  And that, of course, is robbery!

Who can sell me one at this sweet price?

Oh, and the 876 should probe as two separate 875's, even though it's just one
chip, because it is a multi function PCI device.  That means it should be even
better than 2x 875's and a bridge chip.

Stephen.