Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:59:22 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ANSI C++  long long issues

Hi,

After returning from a month long vacation, i updated my CURRENT system to
the recent CVS. After this update my Mozilla Tinderbox-builds seem to
suffer from a configure complaining my C++ compiler has a "-pedanctic
long long" bug.

[part of config.log]

configure:10680: c++ -o conftest  -pthread -O  -pedantic
-I/usr/X11R6/include  conftest.C -lutil -lm  1>&5
configure: In function `int main()':
configure:10676: warning: ANSI C++ does not support `long long'
configure: failed program was:
#line 10671 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void exit(int);
#endif
 int main () {
                     if (sizeof(long long) != 8) { return 1; }
		                         return 0; }

This problem has never occurred earlier. I am wondering if this is actual
supposed behaviour that got recently introduced, or if there is actually
something wrong with the C++ compiler currently in CURRENT.

I can of course bypass the problem by specific --disable-pedantic but i'd
rather not do that.

--
  Pascal Hofstee      < daeron @ shadowmere . student . utwente . nl >
  begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs