Date:      30 Jan 1998 03:37:40 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: keeping DNS lookups local

Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu> writes:

> Make sure you aren't running named, since it will override resolv.conf.

I am running named, and am reluctant to give up the benefits of a
local DNS cache.  So from what you're telling me, having a resolv.conf
is probably just wasting an inode.

Would I accomplish anything by writing some zone files and declaring
myself authoritative for my local subdomains and the chunk of network
10 that I'm playing with?
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante,  | Usenet II -- because
but I've never quite been ready to make | it's time for October