Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:14:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@gtonet.net>
Cc:        jahanur <jahanur@jjsoft.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Media streaming server

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, FreeBSD wrote:
> OK, this inbred fucktard must not get it...I told him several times about
> the mailing list charters and again he posts to -isp instead
> of -questions...It's now time to filter this idiot so I don't have to see
> his stupidity show through once again. maybe we'll get lucky this time and

Oooo, little Johnny Pottymouth - spank! Last I looked the folks who used
streaming servers were Providing Internet Services with them. Streaming
servers are also something ISPs will more know more how to make work in a
production setup - the gotchas.

> he'll slip, in the shower(assuming he doesn't bathe in the wrong piece of
> porcelain too), on his rubber penguin and break his neck. If this moron
> keeps posting to the wrong list someone else can deal with him. As far as
> I'm concerned he doesn't exist anymore.
>
> FreeBSD
> freebsd@gtonet.net
>
> "LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"

With such an inclusive attitude, maybe you should be 'NT@gtonet.net'
instead. Linux is great, so is FreeBSD. Both install well and are fairly
easy to set-up and tune. I like laptop support more in Linux, but FreeBSD
for packet speed and IP firewalling. Why don't you crawl back into that
'wrong piece of porcelain' until you can play well with others? - Jy@

fwiw: As I remember, the RealServer had a small-is-free license to
encourage use by community radio stations, dorms, and such. If you have
less than two dozen or so connects at a time, it should fit the bill. We
have also used icecast to multiplex/cast MP3 streams with WinAMP and Unix
MP3 players. It worked well, IIRC.