Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:20:04 +0300 (EEST)
From:      mikael.karlsson@saunalahti.fi
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation problem

I've tried to install FreeBSD 4.8 Stable on my computer about 5 times
but every damn time I get an error when the installation reaches the
dependence install. I get an error messages saying something "... error
code -1 Please check the debug screen for more info". When I press
ALT+F2 I see a screen saying something like "gzip ... crc error".

But the thing is that the package that sysinstall stops on isn't always
the same but mostly on XFree86 packages. I've tried installing from CD
and four diffrent ftp mirrors but it's the same.

I tried everything I can think of to solve the problem but nothing works
it's always the same!!