Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:31:21 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help w/ USR X2 Internel Modems.....

Hi,
	I've been trying to instal a new USR x2 internal modem, but I'm having
trouble with it.
	I currently have an external USR 33.6 and have had no problems with it.
I've tried the
	internal one on several comm ports ( sio0,1,2), each time the card is
reqconized during
	the boot-up process, but whenever I try PPP terminal modem everything
locks up. It looked like
	an IRQ conflict, but I've tried multiple setups without any luck...I
know the card works under win95
	and it kinda works under red-hat, but no luck under freebsd...Has
anyone else?.. Or sould I just 		upgrade external I have, but this one
was free.. :)

Thanks..