Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:18:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike <mikey@kappaisle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN over PPPoE

Hi all,

Has anyone ever successfully configured VPN (using IPSec protocol) over
PPPoE connection?  I have 1 VPN configured over 2 locations with T1
connections without any problem (using the KAME IPSec on FreeBSD
4.1.1).  However, when I tried the same configuration with the 3rd
location running DSL, it seems the IPSec packets can't reach out via tun0
device.

I've searched through the FAQ and mailing lists, and seen people suggest
"pipsecd" for VPN over PPPoE.  However, I do prefer using KAME IPSec for
this type of implementation, and hope that someone can point me to some
lights.

Thank you all!

Mike