Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:48:44 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sergio_Andr=E9s_Ligregni_Arredondo?= <chekkko@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   my arquitecture is...

I have a COMPAQ Presario (laptop) V2615LA with an AMD Sempron 1.83Ghz, 40 G=
B HD, 256 MB RAM, I have the i386 arquitecture CD-ROM, I tried to install i=
t, I see the FreeBSD boot menu (the one in console mode, with FreeBSD "drow=
n" in white), I choose 1 (default), and in the init scripts, it stuck in a =
line that says:
=20
Timecounter tick every 1.000 msec
=20
and the CD light turn off (the CD-ROM drive isn't reading anything) and the=
 HD led stays on (like there is something reading the disk, and I press ENT=
ER, ESC, I waited once almost two hours, but nothing)
I also tried the same CD-ROM in a PC (desktop) with Intel Celeron 2.0Ghz, 8=
0 HD, 256 RAM and it runs perfectly (so the CD is ok), but I am out almost =
always so I need to have FreeBSD in my notebook.
=20
I installed throught my PC FreeBSD in an external HD (it connects via USB),=
 I plugged in my notebook, boot from external HD and its the same as the CD=
-ROM, it stucks in "Timecounter tick every 1.000 msec", but the external HD=
 runs perfectly in the Desktop
=20
I saw the README file in the CD and it says:
=20
FreeBSD supports COMPAQ/HP Alpha (alpha), Intel AMD (i386)...
=20
so I tried downloading the alpha arquitecture ISO (because I have a COMPAQ)=
, but when I boot from CD it happens anything (well, like it tries to read =
something but it doesn't appears anything) and it go right to Windows.
=20
is there another arquitecture I should try? (like amd64 (but my CPU is not =
64))
should I go to loader prompt and make some commands?
is freeBSD not avaiable for some notebooks (because the drivers, or the bra=
nd)?
should I format all the HD and install FreeBSD in the hole disk?
=20
Thank you and sorry my English, I'm from Mexico
=A1Descarga m=E1s de 30 emoticones GRATIS y haz m=E1s divertidas tus charla=
s!
http://emoticons.prodigymsn.com/=