Date:      Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:02:50 +0100
From:      Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error compiling stable/11 from stable/10

On Aug 27 12:20, Matt Smith wrote:
>This was with all of those commented out options in make.conf and
>src.conf from my last email uncommented once again, but with a
>completely clean ccache. This time I'm trying another build but with
>ccache commented out, but the three src.conf options still enabled.
>Luckily when it bombs out it bombs out within an hour or so. Whereas
>last night with both the src.conf and make.conf options commented out
>it was still compiling stuff after 14 hours, so I assume that made it
>past that point. Although I'm still shocked why it was still going
>after 14 hours when it completed the process within 5 hours on 10.x.
>
>I'll let you know how this build goes with the current settings.

Hi again! Just to let you know that it's definitely ccache at fault.
With ccache commented out of make.conf the compile runs through fine. It
took 7 hours, but at least that is better than the over 14 hours that it
was taking with WITHOUT_DEBUG_FILES=yes commented out.

I guess ccache probably has some kind of issue with the two different
versions of clang between 10 and 11. No idea. But I'm now going to
install the 11 world/kernel and then the next time I try and update it
I'll try it with ccache enabled once again. In theory when it's on the
same version of clang it might work fine once again.

--
Matt