Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 2015 02:05:28 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com>
Cc:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "naeem.saad@ufone.com" <naeem.saad@ufone.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support required

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 8 April 2015, Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Wednesday 8 April 2015, Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org
> > <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','matthew@freebsd.org');>> wrote:

> >> support for this OS. Our company is one of the top telecom company of
> >> Pakistan. We already have the support of different OS like RHEL, Suse
> >> Linux, OEL etc. I would appreciate if you can answer the following
> >> questions:

> >> I'm afraid you're not going to get much joy on this subject from the
> >> freebsd-questions@ list.  It's a self-help list for a bunch of FreeBSD
> >> users, and while there may be people here that run businesses based on
> >> FreeBSD most of the readership is in Europe or America.  Who knows
> >> though?  Someone may pop up able to fulfil your requirements.
> >>
> >> I'd suggest contacting the BSD Pakistan user group via
> >> http://bsdpakistan.org/ but that site appears to be in Japanese now...
> >>
> >> There are lists of vendors and consultants available on the FreeBSD.org
> >> site: https://www.freebsd.org/commercial/commercial.html and it may be
> >> worth your while enquiring at the FreeBSD Foundation
> >> https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/
> >>
> >> FreeBSD doesn't have an associated commercial support company in the
> >> same way that eg. RedHat does for RedHat Linux.  There's been some talk
> >> about creating such a company, but nothing concrete as yet.
> >>
> >> You can effectively get support from various independent contractors, or
> >> by hiring FreeBSD-savvy administrators, but that may not be of suitable
> >> for your purposes.
> >>
> >> On the other hand, FreeBSD has a very good track record of community
> >> support.  The chances are that you can get solutions to your problems
> >> simply by asking online (and for free), but there are no constraints on
> >> how quickly support will be offered, nor is there anyone to sue for
> >> compensation in the event of losses due to FreeBSD failures.  This is a
> >> problem for some corporates, but hasn't stopped some very well known
> >> names building their businesses on top of FreeBSD.
> >>
> >>         Cheers,
> >>
> >>         Matthew
> >>

> Apologies for the last email. Accidentally hit the sent button ....
>
> As for South Asia, it would be difficult to get a company support for
> FreeBSD. You might get individual consultants though.
>
> Amitabh

In Pakistan , you may ask help from Computer Engineering Departments in
Universities .

I think , you can find persons there who will be able to help you about
FreeBSD usage and it is likely that they can offer to you services based on
agreement contracts which satisfies your needs .

>From e-mails I know that there are persons working on FreeBSD in Pakistan .

Another source may be Unix related associations in your country .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk