Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:49:21 -0700
From:      brian@litzinger.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   attr_get() does not exist

The version of ncurses supplied with FreeBSD does not include
the function attr_get(). At least as far as I can find.

ncurses 4.1 and SLang's curses emulator both include it.

The authors of mutt, my favorite mailer, may soon include the
use of this function in mutt. (mutt 0.91, the latest release
does not use it)

I currently substitute ((stdscr)->_attrs) in place of attr_get().

Apparently, just about every other OS has the function.

Have I missed something?

If it really is missing mutt would probably have to add a
facility to config to check for attr_get and if it didn't exist
#define NO_ATTR_GET in config.h and modify the code appropriately.

I suspect they aren't going to want to do this.

Another solution is to simply build mutt with the SLang package.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>