Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:30:46 -0500
From:      Mike Alich <mike@whtech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI Devices Delay

I use to run an ABIT Dual Processor board with 2 1 gig processors on it and
recently upgraded to a single Titan P4 2GIG Celeron single processor board
and I am now having a weird problem and I hope you can help.

With the old board on boot up the system would say Waiting for SCSI Devices
to Settle before the OS probed out the devices.

Now after the new board was installed the OS decides to Wait for the SCSI
Devices to settle after all the devices are probed and about 50% of the
time the SCSI devices time out and we have to do another reboot.

We are running FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE.  The SCSI devices I have been referring
to are our Raid 5 drives.  We have 4 Cheetah 10K drive on a DPT Raid card.

I have recompiled the kernel and this has not helped either.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Alich