Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:39:43 -0900
From:      Brian Raynes <brian_raynes@dnr.state.ak.us>
To:        Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trademark?

Don Wilde wrote:

> What is the status of the FreeBSD trademark now that WRS has bailed?
> According to Ted M., it's still floating around in WRS' pocket.
>
> If money is the issue, we should collect enough to handle this before it
> goes awry. Now that WRS has officially divorced themselves from FreeBSD,
> I think it is _very_ important that we do so.

Have that officially dumped Freebsd completely?  The box set at the
local CompUSA still has Wind River's logo for release 4.4.  I'd like to
see where they've announced the dumping of Freebsd completely. I
remember that most of the developers were laid off.  Otherwise, I would
also second the idea that the trademark be preserved.

Brian